2015 – Students Attend Programs Offered by Museums and Universities to Learn About STEM
In 2015, the Daniel A Payne CDC’s Percy Julian Institute conducted five (5) medically-focused STEM field trips for middle and high school students. Ten (10) schools and 300 middle and high school students participated in these events.
The following is a summary of the STEM events conducted by the Percy Julian Institute in 2015.
- National Museum of Health & Medicine (Brain Injury Awareness Month Program, March 2015)
- Koshland Science Museum (Life Lab) at the National Academy of Sciences (April 8, 2015)
- Howard University Hospital and Howard University (Colleges of Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Pharmacy, and Dentistry) (November 13, 2015)
- NOAA Center for Atmospheric Sciences, Beltsville, MD (November 4, 2015)
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History (Teacher Program/Forensics Mysteries), DC STEM Fair (Brain Exhibit).